What we did
We started with a strategic and creative workshop, where we talked to Coretecs’ founders about their services, USPs (Unique Selling Points), goals, target audience, and tone of voice. Using a mind map, we determined their services, values, and identity. Based on this input, we held internal brainstorms to come up with potential names and taglines.
One of Coretecs’ key differences is the importance they place on the human element when connecting IT and OT. These areas, which used to be considered separate, are usually only looked at in terms of technology. By combining the cortex (which connects the logical and creative parts of the human brain) with technology, we ended up with our favourite suggestion for their new name: Coretecs.
We wrapped things up by giving Coretecs a matching brand story that focuses on bringing two worlds together and streamlining their communication. This text served as the primary input for our branding services.
Based on Coretecs’ brand story, we organised a creative workshop and identified four key values for Coretecs to define their look and feel: energy, ambition, boldness and expertise.
- We decided on two main colours to reflect their values. Dew, a blueish white that stands for expertise and honesty, and cinnabar, which balances the energy of yellow with the ambition of red.
- One of our favourite suggestions for their logo included a capital C, representing two parts of a brain connected by a central circle.
- Coretecs’ primary font combines a bold, industrial look with rounded corners that give it a human touch. It is contrasted by a more subtle, communicative secondary font that is versatile thanks to its many styles and weights.
- Keeping in mind where Coretecs’ brand would be seen the most, we showcased these elements on hard hats and provided scaled versions for large posters and banners.
- We inspired Coretecs with imagery (stock photos, illustrations and graphical assets) that radiates energy and combines industry and technology with a human element.
Since they were so happy with their new brand, our partnership with Coretecs has since expanded to the point where we take care of all of their marketing needs. We now help them with our marketing as a service offering, which includes photography and copywriting for their website and social media.